Contract Positions – 2006 to Present
- Maintenance of various websites. Static HTML5 & Custom WordPress.
- Worked closely with clients to gather business requirements.
- Designed, Published and Edited entire web projects from concept to finish.
- Created dynamic Flash intros, menus and videos.
- Provided clients with up-to-date info on SEO and implemented Google Analytics.
- Intergrated shopping carts, site searches and galleries as needed for each case.
- Use of tools provided by Adobe, including: PhotoShop, Illustrator, Flash and coding (HTML & CSS)
- Extensively worked on Web Designing and content development with numerous domains. See Examples
- Experience creating and managing small relational databases in:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft Access
- Understanding of relational database creation and configuration.
- Updated, Created, Queried and managed and moved small databases with SQL.
- Exploratory experience merging database with ASP.net pages for user query.
- 5 years experience in a digital atmosphere and professional editing.
- Tools used include: Photoshop, Illustrator, Nikon DSLR, off camera flash, tripod and prime lenses.
- Responsible for shooting and editing events–being the sole-photographer– such as, small weddings, quinceñearas, birthday parties, engagement shoots, family portraits and display items.
- Complete knowledge of depth of field, aperature, ISO, Shutter Speed, Exposure, HDR and how they work to your benefit.
- How this relates to Web Dev?… I am able to provide my own photos for websites and create a customized touch that directly relates to the client.
Web Design & Development
- Certification in Web Development from Red Rocks Community College.
- Associates in Computer Animation from the Art Institute of Colorado.
- More than 10 years of experience in Web Design and Graphic Design.
- Expert experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including: PhotoShop, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign and Dreamweaver.
- Advanced coding knowledge of HTML, XHTML & CSS.
- Efficient use of clean code and up-to-date code.
WordPressEverywhere you go you see blogs and content managing systems. They are easy to use and update and now getting easier to customize. Even small business sites would benefit from a switch-over from static HTML. Although it seems like a daunting task to manage all those pages and photos, having them in a database makes updates a snap. The end result can be less code and everything users are used to like Google Analytics is still possible.
Examples of wordpress sites using existing css.
Examples of WordPress sites made from a custom theme.
HTML & HTML5
Archived Websites (2000-2006)
These are websites that have been put out to pasture. They had a good run a decade ago but their technology (flash) and code (non-liquid widths) is obsolete.
Your beauty and functionality for the time will never be forgotten… but now you are set free to never return…